Dog Training Fort Collins
Dog training is a two-way street that takes compassion and patience from both you and your pet. At Aspen Grove Veterinary Care, we realize that dog-training can be overwhelming and frustrating – especially for first-time pet owners. While it can be tedious, we have found that training is essential for building a lasting relationship between you and your canine companion; strengthening basic communication, understanding and mutual respect.
All of us at Aspen Grove want pet owners to have positive experiences. Through dog training, our main goal is to help you get the best from your pet. We know that no two dogs are the same, so we’ve worked to build a program that can be adapted to meet both your budget and your goals.
Remember, a well-behaved dog has the freedom to be a much happier dog!
Offering exceptional Fort Collins dog training, Mandy, our on-staff dog trainer, is here to help you get the best from your pet. At Aspen Grove we can help with undesirable behaviors such as:
- Excessive barking or digging
- Destructive behaviors (i.e. chewing or scratching)
- Separation anxiety
- Fear aggression (people or animals)
- Shy or fearful behaviors
- Appetite or house training problems
- Introducing children and babies
- Any undesirable behaviors
Pick Your Dog Up Trained
For an investment of just $90, let us train your dog for you! Your investment includes:
- 2 Behaviors of your choice
- Daily lessons over 4 consecutive days in either Doggie Day Care or Overnight Boarding
- Behavior Consultation before training begins: history and evaluation of your dog. Our trainer reserves the right to decline any dog during evaluation.
- Consultation after training to teach you how to maintain your dog’s new behaviors
Tier I Behaviors
- Come When Called
- Leave It (toys, socks, etc.)
- Shake Hands, Roll Over, or any other ‘fun’ trick you have in mind
- Down Stay
- Sit Stay
- Walk Nicely on a Leash
Tier II Behaviors
Must be competent in two Tier I Behaviors, of which is Sit Stay, to continue to Tier II Behaviors
- Sit Until Released
- Go To Your Bed
- Wait at Door : Your dog will sit quietly and wait for you to walk through the door first
- Wait at Food Bowl : Your dog will sit quietly and wait for you to place the food bowl on the ground
At Aspen Grove, we bring Fort Collins dog training to a new level. Our trainer, Mandy, has over 7 years of professional dog training experience. She is also a certified veterinary technician, which means there is nothing she knows better than dogs. With education and expertise in dog behavior, training, and medicine, Mandy and our capable staff are able to provide you with the highest level of professionalism the industry has to offer.
Whether at home or in our office, we strive to set up your dog up for success. Our trainer uses lure training with positive reinforcement. When using lure training, your dog will successfully modify their behavior without the need for outside equipment, such as a remote collar or a clicker. Through our training, the bond between you and your dog will grow as you develop more effective communication and body language. You’ll discover how to make learning fun for your dog!
Unlike traditional dog training, we only charge for the lessons you schedule. We have options available to meet both your budget and your goals.
- Behavior Consultation: $50
- 1-hour Lesson: $80 (multiple-lesson packages available!)
- House call fee: $35